Jody McCoy has a forty-two year career in radio and television; in sales, sales management, general management, twenty-nine years of radio ownership, and twenty-five years of station brokerage. McCoy has closed hundreds of deals valued at hundreds of millions of dollars. Jody served as president of the National Association of Media Brokers for two terms.
- B.A, University of Virginia 1974
- Mass Media Institute, Stanford University, 1975
- M.A. in Communications Management, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill 1979
- NAB Sales Management Seminar, The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania 1983
- Young Executive Institute, Kenan-Flagler Business School at UNC-CH, 1984
- 1977-1979 WBLG/WKQQ radio sales, Village Companies, Lexington, KY
- 1979-1981 WRET TV, account executive, Turner Broadcasting, Charlotte, NC
- 1981-1982, WBT radio, sales manager, Jefferson-Pilot Communications, Charlotte, NC
- 1982-1989. WBTV television, general sales manager, Jefferson-Pilot Communications, Charlotte, NC
- 1989-1992. KBZE 105.5 FM, Managing Partner of Optima Communications, Colorado Springs, CO
- Negotiated long term LMA for 105.5 FM in 1992.
- 2012-2018. KCME 88.7 FM and Jazz 93.5 FM, President of the Governing Board of non-commercial classical and jazz music stations, Colorado Springs, CO
- Co-founded/owned KQLA 103.5 FM, Manhattan, KS. 1986-1998 until sold.
- Co-owned KBZE/KRDO 105.5 FM, Colorado Springs, CO. from 1989-2015 until sold.
- McCoy Media Properties/ Enterprises, broadcast station brokerage 1992-present. Hundreds of deals totaling hundreds of millions of dollars.
- President of the National Association of Media Brokers 2009-2013
- Co-founded Strategic Tower Advisors in 2015 to market broadcast towers to the tower industry